Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India invites applications from Indian Nationals to join in the following positions coterminous with the project duration.
Project title: Anti-viral screening platform for viral diseases: with special reference to COVID-19.
Name of position: Research Associate-I (01 positions)
- Fellowship: Rs. 47,000/- + HRA@16%
- Eligibility: Ph. D. in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or allied subjects. The ideal candidate has to be competent in viral infection, animal handling, cell culture, Flow Cytometric Analysis, Viral plaque assay, RT-PCR, etc. A decent publication record from Ph.D. work is also expected. Candidates who have submitted Ph.D. thesis and are waiting for viva voce may also apply; for such candidates, the fellowship amount will be that of an SRF until he/she defends the thesis.
Name of position: Project Associate – I (02 positions)
- Fellowship: Rs. 31,000/- + HRA@16%
- Eligibility: Masters in Biotechnology, life sciences, and allied branches and having secured 60% aggregate marks (50% for OBC/ST/SC) are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to candidates having NET-JRF/NET-LS/GATE qualifications with research experience in virology, molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry. For Non-NET/GATE applicants the amount of fellowship will be as per the DST guideline.
- Age Limit: The candidate should be below 28 years of age, as of 20th May 2021. Age relaxation will be given to the candidates as per the Govt. of India rules.
Name of position: Technical Assistant (02 positions)
- Remuneration: Rs 25,000/- per month.
- Eligibility: Masters in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, or allied branches are eligible to apply. Research experience in virology, molecular biology, cell biology, and biochemistry will be preferred.
1. Last date for receiving an application: 20.05.2021
2. Date of display of shortlisted candidates on ILS website: 25.05.2021
3. Date & time of interview: will be notified on the website